Re: [gnugo-devel] Readconnect

From: Tristan Cazenave
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Readconnect
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 15:22:14 +0100

Arend Bayer a écrit :

> > > We see lots of big mistakes that can be attributed to
> > > stupidity about connections.
> >
> > Is it possible to test readconnect on these mistakes ?
> > Where can I find them ?
>
> Very few of them are marked by CATEGORY=CONNECTION resp.
> DYNAMIC_CONNECTION, see http://www.public32.com/regress/?bycat=1.

arend 3 and 32 can be found easily by a connection reader,
trevor 9 is a bit more difficult, because it involves
a more difficult non transitivity (it can be solved easily,
but then the connection reader might also advise other moves
in other situations that are useless moves, i.e. connecting
when it is not necessary).

What we should do, is enable gnugo to solve these test cases
by using connection reading, and add some more tests to avoid
useless moves that connects when strings are already connected,
but the connection reader fails to see it.

Tristan.