Re: [gnugo-devel] Readconnect

From: Inge Wallin
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Readconnect
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 00:46:04 +0100 (MET)

Gunnar wrote:
> 3. Throw out the amalgamation code and replace it by something based
> on readconnect. This would involve replacing find_connections() and
> find_cuts() but more important is to take down the automatic
> amalgamation around eyespaces.

A lot of problems would probably be solved if we didn't amalgamate
around marginal eye points.  I have analyzed a few tests where the
dragons were funny, and this was one common reason for it.  I think I
contributed code to this end somewhere around version 2.3.50, (but it
wasn't accepted, because the connection reader would solve the problem
soon, if I remember correctly :-) ).

        -Inge