Re: [gnugo-devel] regarding paul_3_13.8a

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] regarding paul_3_13.8a
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 18:03:29 +0200

Dan wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> > this patch also decreases the size of the executable by 45k
> > and must give a small speedup. these results can be improved
> > by adding "discarding rules" to the rest of pattern databases.
>
> I found a small speedup, reducing the time to run all regressions
> from 9420 to 9344 seconds. It is now in the CVS.

this might have been a hasty decision. this patch, in fact, does the
very same that paul_3_13.8a did (though only with owl databases). i
don't know why it doesn't fail global:4 and 5, this is perhaps the
effect of some other patch. i'm going to investigate this (by
checking why paul_3_13.8a did fail those test and whether it does so
now).

i still think it is ok, but in your yesterday message, you pointed
out that there is (or might be) another problem with paul_3_13.8a,
and if it is there, then it is likely to be in paul_3_14.1 too.

Paul