Re: German translator

From: Klaus Weiss
Subject: Re: German translator
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 20:30:02 +0200

Am Freitag, den 05.10.2007, 18:34 +0200 schrieb Davi Leal:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> The German translation has been enabled at gnuherds.org
> We know it is garbage.
>
> I will commit the modifications tommorrow, letting some time to catch any
> mistake.
>

> You can take a look, and modify the German PO file if there are serious
> translation bugs, mainly in the home page.
>
>   locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po
>
> I personally think you should not add new 'msgid' neither translate the ones
> which are now out of sync due to the webapp is yet evolving.
>

> P.S.: I have almost ready a proposal to the 'features' of the skills
> administration GUI.
>
> Best regards,
> Davi

Attached you will find some critical fixes. In the old translation the
translator preferred to translate `Guide` into `Führer` instead of the
more common phrase `Anleitung`. `Führer` is somewhat sneaky since the 2.
world war at least in all german speaking countries - so it makes sense
to use an alternative.

I also fixed various other mistranslations. I will continue to work on a
full revision of the german translation.