Re: Contributing to GNU Herds

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Contributing to GNU Herds
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:57:56 +0100 (CET)

MJ Ray wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> > I would like add you at the work team [1], [...]
> > Let me know any modification you would like to do to such new entry, or if
> > you
> > do not want to be listed.
>
> I am happy to comment as a potential user of the site, because
> although still not free software IMO (because I do not have the
> freedom to adapt it to my needs without the expense of the AGPL),

As you know, you are free to adapt it, you just have to contribute back
your modifications if you publish your website.  It is the same than the
GPLv2 when you distribute a desktop program.

You get something, you give something.

> I feel GNU Herds could be a better site than the ones I currently use.

> Unless it brings some benefit, I do not want to be listed on the team
> of this AGPL-using project.  Does it bring any benefit?

I thought exposing your key contributions was a must. I have deleted such
entry.  Feel free to ask for being added at any time, or add yourself.