Re: GNU Herds -- domains to redirect

From: GNU Herds work team
Subject: Re: GNU Herds -- domains to redirect
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:18:31 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
>     I really see no need. Maybe freesoftware.jobs?
>
> That could be a good name.  But we can also call it jobs.gnu.org.
> gnu.org is already our domain.

gnuherds.org advantages:

  * It matches with the project's name.
  * It is a 'community' name.
  * There are already lots of external links which point to gnuherds.org

jobs.gnu.org seems a very good option.  However, the association's side of the
project matches more with the gnuherds.org domain name.  Perhaps we could
keep using gnuherds.org as the main domain and point jobs.gnu.org to
gnuherds.org?

We are not sure if leaving the gnuherds.org domain is a good idea or not.

We personally agree with the below Matt's statement,