Re: GNU Herds -- domains to redirect

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: GNU Herds -- domains to redirect
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:27:40 -0600

GNU Herds work team wrote:

> jobs.gnu.org seems a very good option.  However, the association's side of
> the
> project matches more with the gnuherds.org domain name.  Perhaps we could
> keep using gnuherds.org as the main domain and point jobs.gnu.org to
> gnuherds.org?

jobs.gnu.org would be my preferred thing, however, you guys have your
own organisation - the Association, or whatever you're called... that
should totally stay on gnuherds.org.

Having freesoftware.jobs is good for a couple of reasons - it allows us
to make sure nobody doing freeware jobs, or proprietary software jobs
with gratis placement costs, etc.

For the same argument, I'd say buy opensource.jobs and use it as a site
to put across some of our arguments for free software, but that might
piss people off.

I'm getting married tomorrow, so I will be away from mail for a couple
of days.

matt