Re: GNU Herds -- domains to redirect

From: GNU Herds work team
Subject: Re: GNU Herds -- domains to redirect
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:43:30 +0100

Matt Lee wrote:
> jobs.gnu.org would be my preferred thing, however, you guys have your
> own organisation - the Association, or whatever you're called... that
> should totally stay on gnuherds.org.

  a) You could for example point jobs.gnu.org, freesoftware.jobs,
     etc. to "http://gnuherds.org/offers"; which would list the job offers.

  b) The GNU Herds project could be just hosted at jobs.gnu.org, but
     keeping the association idea.

  c) GNU Herds project hosted at jobs.gnu.org, with the association part,
     charter, etc. removed.

  d) Delete the project's name, GNU Herds, and just add the needed
     software at jobs.gnu.org to get a job site.

  e) ...

If the FSF/GNU wants to remove the association part from the project and just
keep the job site, we will help you anyway.  But note that there is nothing
bad in the job site being 'managed' by their users (via an association) under
the conditions exposed in the GNU Herds' charter draft [1]

  [1] http://gnuherds.org/charter

Let us know if you would like more restrictions be added to such charter.

In our humble opinion, the idea of job site 'managed'-by-their-users is
another positive factor that makes the project different.  Of course under
the needed conditions and restrictions.

All that would fit with the Free Software cooperative which some of us are
working out. We have given higher priority to the GNU Herds project.

> I'm getting married tomorrow, so I will be away from mail for a couple
> of days.

Congratulations Matt!