Re: task 7471: Wishlist

From: Federico Giménez Nieto
Subject: Re: task 7471: Wishlist
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 08:58:16 +0100

> The ideal would be be able to configure the behavior at the "Settings"
> section of the webapp [1].  So users could choose to receive it or not.
> By default enabled.
>
>   [1] http://gnuherds.org/settings

What could be the steps for this to be done? I would propose these, in two
blocks:

1.-Allow the notice owners to configure the feature:

        1.1.- Add a field to the data scheme, A1_alerts table, so that this
setting can
be saved for the owners

        1.2.- Modify the alerts 'get' data process so that the status is
retrieved from
the data base (/Layer-2__Business_logic/content/forms/Alert_forms.php,
loadAlertsForm() method, and /Layer-5__DB_operation/Alerts.php,
getAlertsForEntity() method)

        1.3.- Modify the template view for the settings page, so that the check
box
appears (/Layer-0__Site_entry_point/templates/Alert_forms.tpl)

        1.4.- Modify the alerts 'set' data process on page submission, for
saving the
check status (/Layer-2__Business_logic/content/forms/Alert_forms.php,
saveAlertsForm() method, and /Layer-5__DB_operation/Alerts.php,
saveAlertsForEntity() method)

2.- Send email to owner only if it is configured to do so: modify the 'get' data
proccess to obtain the email addresses so that the owner email is only get when
configured (Layer-5__DB_operation/Entity.php, method getAlertsEmails())

What do you think?

Cheers,
Federico