Re: task 8833 -- steps 1 and 2

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: task 8833 -- steps 1 and 2
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 22:48:55 +0100

Federico Gimenez Nieto wrote:
> Well, attached is a patch for steps 1 and 2 of this task
> Let me know if this works for you.

It works. However, I think D1_* is better than R1_* for the name of the
D1_Donations2JobOffers table.

  Rationale:

    Such table keep the donation fields with the foreign keys
    for the JobOffer and the Entity.

    It is not a joins table as the R0_Qualifications2JobOffersJoins,
    which join two tables, the Qualifications one and the JobOffers one.

The blanks in the below line are not needed:

+        R1_E1_Id
+        <--------------------------HERE.
+        -- The donation

> If so we could go on with the next steps:
>
>  * 3: modify the addDonation method of the Donation class to allow
>       inserting registers with the values of R1_DonationMagic and
>       R1_DonationMagicExpire.

Overwrite default values for the D1_DonationMagic and D1_DonationMagicExpire
fields only if the user is not logged in.

If the user is logged in when he donate, such donations will be known as
already confirmed. Therefore such fields will get automatically the default
values: 'NULL' and 'now'.

Out of topic note:

  Users can cancel any of their donations at any time at:

  "log in" > "My notices" > "FS pledges" > "Cancel selected donations"

>  * 4: modify getEntityId method of Layer-5__DB_operation/Entity.php
>       to create values of R1_DonationMagic and R1_DonationMagicExpire,

No, such fields are set at the same time the donation register is inserted in
the D1_Donations2JobOffers table, in the addDonation method. See step 3.

>       call addDonation and send verification email.

The getEntityId method does not call addDonation.

The addDonation method calls getEntityId just to know the value to set in the
D1_E1_Id field.

>  * 5: create entry point to verify donation, cloning the entity
>       verification process.

Yes.  We could talk about this step later.

>  * 6: create a cronjob to delete expired donations.

Yes.