Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed & Mandrake Linux 9.1 :O)

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed & Mandrake Linux 9.1 :O)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 09:06:07 -0500 (EST)

Jean Philippe:
Sorry. I probably should have done this before...
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/doc/TODO/user-manual.txt?rev=1.25&only_with_tag=MAIN&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

>> [ERROR] (bootstrap-gm_db_system.py::_import_schema_905): failed: psql
script error
>> [ERROR] (bootstrap-gm_db_system.py::_import_schema:862): cannot import
SQL schema file [sql/gmclinical.sql]
>> [ERROR] (bootstrap-gm_db_system.py::bootstrap:633): Cannot import
schema definition for service [clinical] into database [core].
I had this problem as well.

Karsten:
>this sequence leads me to believe that you need to update your
>CVS tree, particularly the server/sql/ part.
Correct.  A fix is in the CVS. :)

Karsten:
>there are two options for you:
>
>1) connect to the public database on my server for testing the frontend:
>   server: anubis.homeunix.com
>   database: gnumed-public
>   user/password: please write me a private mail
>2) on bootstrapping:
>
>To capture even the last bit of screen output do this: ...
Excellent idea.

I think a further improvement would be eliminating
the need for the script command altogether -- by that
I mean: examine the possibility of modifying the
bootstrapping so it dumps almost all messages to the
log file.

Andreas:
>I would think it would be more sane to build an RPM
>instead of writing installation instructions.
You're totally correct.

>I never dealt with building RPMs...
Ditto.
I'll look into it and read the Debian package stuff. :)
A good RPM would probably give us lots of milage.

Michael