Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics editor

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics editor
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:04:40 +1000

I find this whole debate interesting or should I say ridiculour,  for the
following reasons.

Imagine you use a paper system. Before sitting down to your desk, you look up
your manual appointment system and find out who the last patient was. Then
you go to the file and get out their records. Then you take that file and sit
at your desk. Next you look up who you really want to see next. You then go
and get out their records etc.et etc

This whole business of pulling in either 'anyone' or the last patient seems
ludicrous to me. Why on earth would you want to to it. I cannot think of a
situation where I've ever wanted either a random patient, or the last patient
I've just seen when I first boot up my program. How confusing for users.

The system should surlely act simply to respond to the users inputted request
and pull up the requested patient or list multiple occurrences of the search
criteria.

Regards

Ricahrd