Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:20:08 -0700

On 31-Mar-08, at 1:28 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
For reviewed one could use a checkmark character. For
unreviewed one could use a crossed out checkmark. I haven't
found a single unicode codepoint with a crossed out
checkmark. So I figured to show a writing (signing) hand for
those results that need signing. Other candidates would be:

I am not keen on Unicode 2300 (the first of these inks) as it is a null sign...

I actually kind of like the second one, which is a

PNG image

... IMO the above might be less ambiguous than the current signing hand, as the latter ambiguates

        sign this
        this has been signed
        write or attach a note or issue a communication

If you want to generate a screenshot of what "NOT CHECK MARK" would look like in a small grid, I could show both to a few clinical colleagues and report back their reactions :-)