Re: [Gnustep-cvs] GNUstep Testfarm Results

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] GNUstep Testfarm Results
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 05:04:10 +0100

On 14 Aug 2006, at 22:19, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Adam Fedor schrieb:

On Aug 14, 2006, at 7:22 AM, Fred Kiefer wrote:
In the most recent GSString.m version these methods are there only once. The first one is obsolete anyway, see NSString, where it gets defined as
calling the second one. As this in now the only remaining usage of
substring_c, we could try to do the inlining ourselves and put the code from the function inside the method. If this alone does not resolve the
compilation issue, we could try to rework the actual code. Here the
interesting question could be why the similar which calls substring_u
works.

No, both substring_c and substring_u have the problem Removing the
inlining or moving the struct definition out of the function block
solves the problem.

Great, so now we have a solution. But I think it is better to leave the
actual implementation to Richard. He has been doing a lot of work in
this area recently and there may still be more to come. This change
looks simple, but it might interfere with something he is planing to do.

Richard is it fine for you to do this change?

OK ..  no problem.