Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 10:33:44 +0200

Hi,

On 12/08/2016 17:01, Adam Fedor wrote:

I don’t know if that’s right and I’m not sure it matters much, but it might.

The issue is Windows is very very finicky. You can get the problems you are seeing if something like the libtiff library is compiled with the wrong flag (I’ve had similar issues where that was the problem). It’s very difficult to figure out what might be wrong, except by going back to a system that is known to work and slowly adding things until it breaks.

But if Giah uses the msys you supply, it should have the same libffi you used, so I do not understand.

Do you use any special flags to make or base?

FYI, I never use Windows. I just make the installer because no one else does.

We appreciate your effort! You do the base, but on your work, I do quite some work to get programs work on windows, so don't feel alone!

Riccardo