grub-devel

Re: consolidate ELF header checks

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: consolidate ELF header checks
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:54:01 +0100

On Sunday 06 February 2005 22:28, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Sorry about that, it was not intentional. You asked Marco and he
> replied so I though that was enough, then I sent the patch revision
> Marco asked and left home, didn't saw your other mails until today.

It's okay. Don't mind. I just want to make things clear.

> I was hacking on the kFreeBSD loader for GRUB Legacy and needed
> other copyright assignments for other GNU projects, so I asked for
> GRUB as well. Marco or Jeff pointed me to the assignment procudures.

I need to know how you did precisely. Did you ask address@hidden or
something else? What template did you use? Did any maintainer of GNU
Software specify how to proceed it?

BTW, please contact appropriate maintainers before trying to assign
copyright from now on. Maintainers of GNU Software are responsible for
managing copyright issues. If you bypass the maintainers, they may not
keep things consistent, since they are not notified even if the
procedures are wrong.

For example, I am very afraid that you might have used an obsolete
request form. The FSF revises the request form and even the whole
procedures from time to time, so you need to request up-to-date
information when you assign copyright.

Another - more serious - case is that you might have ignored the first
request completely and simply sent a filled assignment paper to the
FSF. You could do this, if you get a copy from someone who has assigned
copyright. If this happens, you wouldn't be informed of all the
cautions by the FSF, such as a copyright disclaimer by your employer.

Okuji