Re: GH. Again.

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: GH. Again.
Date: 18 Jun 2001 21:53:20 +0300

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> What I meant was that we should back out new functional additions.  On
> analysis, this in fact amounts to just one ChangeLog entry:
>
>       * gh.h (gh_init_guile, gh_make_string, gh_string_length,
>       gh_string_ref, gh_string_set_x, gh_substring, gh_string_append):
>       New.
>
> All of these are just #defines for the corresponding scm_ name.

regardless of the implementation, these are R5RS string functions
(except for gh_init_guile).  I see no reason whatsoever to back them
out, as I see no possibility of some Scheme implementation out there
not being able to provide them.

except for gh_init_guile, which is, indeed, totally unappropriate for
GH.

--
This program posts news to billions of machines throughout the galaxy.  Your
message will cost the net enough to bankrupt your entire planet.  As a result