Re: [g-wrap] Changes needed by the "glueless" approach

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [g-wrap] Changes needed by the "glueless" approach
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:30:10 +0200

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > BTW. gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 20030908 (Debian prerelease) compiles things fast
> > for me now, no more 10 minutes waiting for an OOM kill. What are you
> > doing this for, anyway?
> >
> Well, my experience is with gcc 3.3.2 (Debian):
>
> cc1: out of memory allocating 182094100 bytes after a total of 19058688 bytes

Man, mine started doing that the other day too. 2.4. I think I was just
having strange things happen with ccache (I normally use CC='ccache
gcc').

> Of course this was done with -O2 on the ~140K line binding, -O0 works
> fine.

Hm, interesting. You say in another mail that you have (gnome gtk)
really looking forward to it, hope we don't get bogged down waiting for
g-wrap to move.

Regards,

wingo.