Re: What kinds of bindings are to be included

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: What kinds of bindings are to be included
Date: 03 Nov 2003 11:59:23 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> So to summarize, guile-gnome is more accurate but guile-gtk has strong
> historical / inertia considerations. I don't care so much which name we
> use, but we need to decide and switch soon. I don't mind leaving this
> decision to Marius either. So speak up, interested parties, or one day
> I'll just commit a name change ;)

I am not too strongly comitted to either name, altough I'd vote for
guile-gnome.

> Speaking of commits: I would like to have a guile-gtk-commits list. I
> can do the CVSROOT stuff if we could get the list made. Would you mind
> doing that, Marius?

Seconded.

> Jesus, multiple ideas in one mail: This is the first project I've been
> ChangeLogging on (GStreamer just uses CVS logs). However, the profusion
> of ChangeLogs makes it difficult to see what changes in the whole
> distro. Andreas, would you mind if we combined them all to one top-level
> ChangeLog?

Yes, I also think that a ChangeLog in each directory is not optimal in
every case. On the other hand, with a global ChangeLog, you'll get
quite long pathnames and it makes it a bit harder to follow changes in
a set of files located in the same directory. I thought of a different
solution: what about a tool that is able to combine all ChangeLogs of
a source tree (or a subtree) and display that? This way you have the
choice how you like to view the log entries, with the additional
flexibility of viewing changes made to a subtree. I think that over
time we might aggregate bindings of more and more of the GNOME APIs,
which will probably make a global ChangeLog a bit unwieldly..