Re: 1.6.0 problems with libguilereadline-v-12 and fix

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: 1.6.0 problems with libguilereadline-v-12 and fix
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:29:32 -0500

address@hidden writes:

>> As it stands now, the answer is "both".  That's one of the main
>> reasons this problem is hard.
>
> For me that sounds like a good reason for making these two things separate
> issues by using different code.

Hmm.  Which two things?  The canonical example I tend to think of is
srfi-4.  libguile-srfi-srfi-4 is intended to be used both by
(use-modules (srfi srfi-4)) *and* by any app that needs to do things
like scm_make_u8vector

>  Thanks for all the feedback

np.  This is something we definitely need to work out, though I'd be
happiest if we can work out a solution that fixes the problem at the
lowest, most-helpful level.  i.e. It would be really nice if we came
up with a solution that could be used by others as well...

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu