guix-devel

Texlive

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Texlive
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 22:54:29 +0100

Hello,

the attached patch does what its commit message says. It is the fruit of many
trials and discussions with Ludovic. The tricky thing was to link to the
kpsewhich binary in texlive-bin, but to make it take its configuration file
texmf.cnf from texlive-data. I ended up wrapping all binaries and providing
them with the suitable value of TEXMFCNF.

The real goal of the patch is to make it easy to create a second package
texlive-small in a second step. This package shall inherit from texlive,
but have as input texlive-texmf-small, which is created as texlive-texmf,
but after deleting a big chunk of data; I would say, all the documentation
and most of the fonts. Such a smaller package could be a native input for
packages creating their documentation from a latex source, for instance.

Andreas