guix-devel

Re: Texlive

From: Daniel Pimentel
Subject: Re: Texlive
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 20:43:48 -0300

On 2015-03-14 18:54, Andreas Enge wrote:
Hello,

the attached patch does what its commit message says. It is the fruit of many trials and discussions with Ludovic. The tricky thing was to link to the kpsewhich binary in texlive-bin, but to make it take its configuration file texmf.cnf from texlive-data. I ended up wrapping all binaries and providing
them with the suitable value of TEXMFCNF.

The real goal of the patch is to make it easy to create a second package texlive-small in a second step. This package shall inherit from texlive, but have as input texlive-texmf-small, which is created as texlive-texmf, but after deleting a big chunk of data; I would say, all the documentation and most of the fonts. Such a smaller package could be a native input for packages creating their documentation from a latex source, for instance.

Andreas
I'm use latex in some presentation and academic area. But there're some much dependencies in Texlive, I have install it but your size is bigger (2gb+-), the texlive-small is a great idea. Usualy I'm use pdflatex and bibtex to some references, I like bemmer too. There're a lout package, is smallest that livetext, but there're some much papers in academic that use latex :(
I use lout in some presentation and other.
Thanks,
--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)