gworkspace-discuss

Re: [Gworkspace-discuss] Window Maker received signal 11

From: Peter Olsen
Subject: Re: [Gworkspace-discuss] Window Maker received signal 11
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:59:23 +0000

I have no idea if they plan to be "THE GNUstep Window Manager" (under X)

> Can anyone tell me what causes this error and what I can do to correct it?

I think you need a more recent GNUstep-gui (AppKit) or GNUstep-back
I think this is fix there.

I use GNUstep-gui ver.0.8.0. I have tried to upgade it to ver. 0.8.2 but when issuing the command 'make' I get this error:

Compiling file example.m ...
example.m: In function `init':
example.m:199: warning: videregiver den 2. parameter til 'signal' fra en henvisningstype der ikke er forenelig med målets example.m:207: warning: videregiver den 2. parameter til 'signal' fra en henvisningstype der ikke er forenelig med målets
Linking service example ...
/usr/local/GNUstep//System/Makefiles/mkinstalldirs example.service/Resources
mkdir -p example.service/Resources
./shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/make_services: error while loading shared libraries: libgnustep-base.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [example.service/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist] Error 1
make[1]: *** [example.all.service.variables] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gnustep-gui-0.8.2/Tools'
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

As far as I can see, it fails to open libgnustep-base.so.1, which I don't understand as GNUstep-base 0.8.0 is installed. What is wrong here?

/Peter

Internet access plans that fit your lifestyle -- join MSN. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp