Re: Bison compatible with yacc/byacc/<whatever>yacc?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Bison compatible with yacc/byacc/<whatever>yacc?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:59:09 +0200

At 04:31 +1000 2001/08/03, James Buchanan wrote:
>I have never experienced problems with bison before, although I have never
>written anything substantial with flex and bison.
>
>I keep getting odd error messages from bison. "Invalid input" and something
>about no colon after rule, etc. I've never had these error messages before.

I get these errors when the input is non-ASCII, not only from Bison, but
also my C/C++ compiler. Particularly nasty is an <ption-spacebar> which
produces a long non-ASCII space, which cannot be detected visually in a
mono-space font.

But I do not know what happened in your case -- too few details.

  Hans Aberg