Re: Problems with multithreading and slow compilation

From: Guru Chakravarthy
Subject: Re: Problems with multithreading and slow compilation
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:13:16 -0700 (PDT)

> >Have other users been having similar problems?

I am not sure if my problem is same as yours but, for
me  producing the .cpp file from .ypp takes around 5-6
min. in solaris and most of the time is spent on "m4"
and its m4 memory usage touchs nearly 175 MB. but on
windows it is very fast taking less than 45 seconds !

Both machines have decent configurations . (Solaris:
Sunblade 100, 512 MB RAM, Windows: P4 2.4 ,1 GB RAM )

can anyone tell what might be the issue ?

Thanks in advance
Guru