Re: %destructor feedback

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: %destructor feedback
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:56:36 +0100

Le 27 déc. 05 à 18:46, Akim Demaille a écrit :

Le 22 déc. 05 à 19:49, Joel E. Denny a écrit :

Would it be worthwhile to warn about unmentioned typed $$ as well?

The correct handling of $$ is troublesome when there are midrule
actions.

More generally, what exactly do we want in case of midrule actions?
Say (every symbol is typed):

        exp: A { act1 } B { act2 } { action };

should act1 complain about not using $1?  But what about its $$,
which is its actual value.  We can't do anything about it, we
don't know its type.

should act2 complain about $1 even if act1 uses it?  Again, it can't
say anything about $3.

Finally, should action warn about $$, $1, and $3 even if they were
used in midrule actions?