Re: Google summer of code

From: Kelly Leahy
Subject: Re: Google summer of code
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:22:24 -0700 (PDT)

Akim,

Pascal did exist on mainframes, and in fact, was quite
prevalent, at least in the insurance industry (where I
work).  Much of the code I've worked on was passed
down from mainframe code (now on PCs, previously on
some sort of minis - I don't know which).

I'm pretty confident that there was a MVS Pascal
implementation, and there were at least one or two
others.  I've never worked with them myself, but I've
worked on a whole lot of code that was originally
written for mainframe environments.

Kelly