Re: When submitter sets Reply-To to bug-foo

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: When submitter sets Reply-To to bug-foo
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 02:52:28 -0500

Bob Proulx wrote:

> But if Reply-To is a valid non-mailing list address then that is the
> correct one to use.

But does anyone actually do that these days?
Mail "from: address@hidden", but want replies sent "to: address@hidden"?

> Is there a control@ command that I could send that would change the
> "Reported by" address?

"submitter", I think?

> Then could maybe make some effort into improving things upstream on
> the Debian upstream and then that would flow downstream.

It wouldn't really help us here. :(
The installation is heavily locally patched, starting
from some old snapshot of a development version of debbugs.
The changes were done in-place on the live system, with no real form of VCS.
Obviously this is a Bad Thing. I did not start it, but I have certainly
continued doing it.
I dread the prospect of ever merging in changes from upstream. :(