RE: [h-e-w] Installing ispell in Emacs

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Installing ispell in Emacs
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:53:38 -0500

David Vanderschel <address@hidden> writes:

> However, my inference is based on the assumption
> that aspell has come of age - ie., that it is now
> regarded as being as good as or better than ispell.
> Naturally, I do get that impression while reading from
> the aspell Web site; but I wonder if someone else can
> confirm it based on actual experience with both.  If
> so, I will switch.

I have used both ispell and aspell.  I find that the aspell dictionary
is more robust than ispell's therefore I prefer aspell over ispell.  I
probably would not go to the effort to remove ispell if it was already
installed, but if I had neither and were installing a spell checker I
would choose aspell over ispell.

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Austin Database Connectivity - Software Quality
Assurance
.    Austin, TX
. "Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
.  Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire."     -Dr. George W.
Crane-