Re: [h-e-w] Installation problem with 22.2 and 22.3

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Installation problem with 22.2 and 22.3
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:51:25 +0800

Tahsin Çağrı Şişman wrote:
By the way, my Windows installation is in English. There is some other reason that is again specific to my installation of Windows which I can't figure out.

What does Emacs 23 say when you do:
M-x describe-language-environment RET RET

(accepting the default of current langage environment)

I suspect that it is picking up Turkish from somewhere (control panel settings, or environment variables LANG or LC_ALL), as when I guessed that might be the problem from your name and email address and tried setting LANG=TRK before starting emacs, I got a crash immediately with Emacs 22. Judging from the fact it is crashing in regex.c when looking at a capital I, it seems to be related to this earlier bug that was fixed for 22.1:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-11/msg01352.html