help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] [feature request] Doxygen comments for parser files

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] [feature request] Doxygen comments for parser files
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 19:51:37 +0200

Andre Noll wrote:
On 10:03, Yegor Yefremov wrote:

for the documentation of my current project I use doxygen. So I have all
my files pretty commented but not the parser files (cmdline.c and
cmdline.h). One can define such an option as --doxygen-comments to
enable this feature. Some comments are already in the source code but
not in the doxygen syntax. What do you think about it?

Yes, that'd be nice, and it should be trivial to implement. Maybe we
don't even need an option for that because the /** */ style comments
would't hurt anyway.

In the meantime, you can just add

        *.cmdline.*

to the EXCLUDE_PATTERNS in your Doxyfile.

Hi all

sorry for the delay of my answers but I'm enjoying a two week holiday at the seaside :-)

yes, doxygen comments are really good and Andre is right: there's no need for an additional options, they're comments anyway and they're good :-)

I'd need some help concerning this: I've always used javadoc comments, but only started using doxygen comments: are they the same? Could you please send me an example of how you'd comment the generated functions?

thanks in advance
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)