help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] option name collision with builtin 'include' special di

From: Papp Gyozo (VBuster)
Subject: [help-gengetopt] option name collision with builtin 'include' special directive
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:31:39 +0200

Hi there,

Since version 2.19, it is possible to include other files (i.e., other
configuration files) in a configuration file, by using the include syntax:

     include "filename"

http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/gengetopt.html#Configuration-files

Actually, we've run into the issue that our product has an option with same
name: "include".

My concerns are:
- gengetopt runs fine without prompting there could be a potential problem.
- gengetopt has no option to disable this feature or rename the builtin
directive.
  Ot at least I can't see, in this case please point it out to me.

Unfortunately, we are in crazy hurry to publish the version of our product and
we must keep backward compatibility, too. So changing the application is not
option this time again.