help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] option name collision wi th builtin 'include' speci

From: Papp Gyozo (VBuster)
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] option name collision wi th builtin 'include' special directive
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:42:38 +0200

> however, I'm a bit reluctant about the command line option to disable,
> since gengetopt is having quite a lot of them ;)

[off] some day you must really take a look at our command line jungle :)) (59)

[on] However, I admit your concerns. I think that "include" is the most nature
name you could come up with. Unfortunately others came up with the same name
for something completely different.

By the way, there is a theoretical problem with escaping. If an application is
not prepared for that syntax, it might fail. I mean chances, probably fail
probably not. It is certainly decreased by escaping because the syntax which
may collide would be more complex, but the probability never will be 0 (zero).

However, sticking to escaping we could use C style inclusion if it does not
hurt too much:
"include <file>" or something like that. I don't know how many people use this
feature of gengetopt.