help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] option name collision with builtin 'include' specia

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] option name collision with builtin 'include' special directive
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:28:20 +0200

On 10/26/2010 05:07 PM, Papp Gyozo (VBuster) wrote:
if you're in crazy hurry, I suggest you to manually modify the generated
parser and remove the use of "include" as a keyword with another string
(e.g., "FOOBAR"), in the line

if (!strcmp(fopt,"include")) {

this is a dirty hack but at least will keep you going for the moment.

Thanks.

Then, we can think of a solution for this... e.g., using an escape
character for options whose name is right "include", e.g., "\include"...

I think that an option to disable this feature would be fine and enough.
This approach (dedicated option to switch on/off a specific feature) worked
well in the past and this would cause less headache in the community.

however, I'm a bit reluctant about the command line option to disable, since gengetopt is having quite a lot of them ;)

but we'll think about that

cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net