Problems with installing/running gnatsweb (newbie)

From: Erwin, Richard D
Subject: Problems with installing/running gnatsweb (newbie)
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:03:12 -0700

Folks;

I'm trying to use gnats 3.104 and gnatsweb 3.113.1.

I think I've got gnatsweb almost operational, but when I try to run it through
a browser, I get...

"200 puffin GNATS server 3.113.1 ready. 500 Unrecognized command. 500
Unrecognized command. (...)"

...of which it will gladly repeat the "500" error until it seems stuck.

I know that gnats works.  I am pretty certain that MIME::Base64.pm and CGI.pm
are installed and up to date.  I realize that most likely the "200" comment
relates to "CODE_GREETING" and that the "500" error relates to "CODE_ERROR"
within gnats.pm, which in turn is installed within our
/local/apache-1.3.27/cgi-bin directory.

I also know that the /home/gnats/gnats-adm/gnatsd.conf file works, as I've
tried to access the 1529 port of the given server through servers not allowed
for access, and it has said explicitly that they aren't available for use.

My concerns are that I've botched the install of gnatsweb.pl into the cgi-bin
subdirectory of my apache directory somehow, or that there is confusion on my
part regarding the use of /etc/gnats-db.conf.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich Erwin
Boeing SSG - M&CT Support