Re: Categories containing "++" make gnatsweb crash

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Categories containing "++" make gnatsweb crash
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 11:29:18 +0200

At 19:45 05.05.2003 +0200, Lars Henriksen wrote:
I agree that assumptions about characters should be avoided and that the
foreach-construction does this, but please lecture me: is perl-grep
particularly expensive?.

I would assume grep is a bit more expensive than the foreach construct, since it builds and returns a list of matched values. However, the primary reason I changed over to a foreach construct is conceptual, I simply don't like using a function (grep) that returns a value which is then simply thrown away.

I have another comment, though. If the field value isn't a known enumeration
value, the value 'unknown' is inserted in the enumeration array and made
the default value for display. But in my original code the insertion of
'unknown' only happened if it wasn't already there (the second grep operation
above). The reason is that 'unknown' may be a perfectly valid enumeration
value (and if it is already there, we don't want to insert it a second time).

Good point. I will look at the patch and most likely apply it.

- Yngve