GNATS utility to move PR between identical databases ?

From: John Netto
Subject: GNATS utility to move PR between identical databases ?
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 11:43:57 -0400

Hi,

RE: Gnats v4.0 beta

Assumption: Two databases where configurations are identical (the files in gnats-adm are the same except for index and current obviously; only the PRs themselves are different).

Does anyone have or know where I can get a script to move a PR(s) from one database to another ?

The application consists of the use of a "feature" database and a "development" database. The "discussion" database is used to enter "feature" PRs and filter them. Once they have been edited, validated, discussed, and parsed, and/or split into multiple feature PRs, these would then be 'moved' into the "development" database. The "development"  database is actually the primary db which also handles "bug" PRs.

The manual method is to move the PR files from one database to another in addition to editing the PR# field and renaming the file appropriately. However, this could be lengthy and is essentially error prone being a manual process....

Any help would be appreciated..... or perhpas I need to write the script myself ?

Cheers,
John