Re: emacs on freebsd, space limitation

From: Angelina Carlton
Subject: Re: emacs on freebsd, space limitation
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:54:50 -0400

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:40:08AM -0500, Joe Corneli wrote:

> Do the math.  It won't work this time unless there's a good way to
> make a trimmed-down emacs, say to under 35 mb's (half of the current
> untarred version version, which maybe doesn't yet including the size
> of the binary).
>
> My personal suggestion would be to speak with the sysadmin and ask for
> Emacs to be installed in a shared directory.

I emailed the admin, He told me thay will do a system upgrade in the
fall, at which time emacs, irssi mutt, wget and anything else he needs
will be installed if requested.

Until then he seems out of luck unless like you said there is an
emacs-lite version floating around somewhere.

I will email the admin perhaps and ask to use /tmp just for the time I
need to compile.
--
Angelina Carlton