Re: Shortcut to change buffers?

From: Steinar Børmer
Subject: Re: Shortcut to change buffers?
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:21:13 +0200

JS wrote:

| What I thought of was something like using Alt-Tab to shift between
| windows, where a menu pops up and you the find the buffer you need by
| repeately pressing Tab while holding down Alt.
| Is that possible?

Indeed.  I've searched for the ideal buffer switching mechanism for a
few years now, and several good alternatives have been tested.  So far,
I'm most happy with swbuff-x, an extension to the swbuff library.  They
can both be downloaded from the EmacsWiki at:

swbuff-x might not be the quickest to master, but has a number of
configuration possibilities, and exactly the functionality that you

It's also worth checking this page out: