Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 23:52:30 +0200

Hi Mark,

   As someone wishing to learn Emacs would you recommend I install Emacs 21
   or Emacs-snapshot?

You'd better stick with the current stable aka GNU Emacs 21.4

   I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 and noticed some packages state emacs21 as a
   dependency. So not sure if that means they're not compatible with the
   snapshot version.

It is unlikely that a working package with 21.x won't work with 22.x

   The pipe dream would be a setup something like this:
   http://platypope.org/yada/emacs-demo/

What is it supposed to show ? It seems it is a Flash© content,
doesn't it ?

Xavier