Re: tramp with socksify

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp with socksify
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 00:22:05 +0200

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> It sounds that it would be possible ... unfortunately the part about
> the gateway methods is not
> as informative as the others, at least I don't get a clue reading it
> and google does not help with socksify, telnet
> and tramp!?

OK let's try it together. Maybe we can find out in parallel how the
documentation can be approved.

Assume you will connect to test.socksify.com via telnet. Your socksv5
server is bypass.socksify.com:1080 (in fact I don't know neither the
host name nor the port number of their socksv5 server, it is just a
guess).

You need to declare the socksv5 server as proxy:

(add-to-list 'tramp-default-proxies-alist
             (list "test.socksify.com" nil "/socks:bypass.socksify.com#1080:"))

Then you can connect to test.socksify.com simply via "telnet:test.socksify.com".

> Fabian

Best regards, Michael.