Re: emacs-w3m question

From: Xah
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m question
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 18:02:26 -0800 (PST)

Dear Alan idiot,

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> If your job is programming, and you touch type, the digits on the top row
> are much easier to use than the numeric keypad.  Isn't it good we've got
> this choice!

the argument, was about whether the numerical keypad was useless. Here
i quote Xavier Maillard:

Xavier wrote:
«At work, I still have oldies that still do not support these keys.
What's more, directional keys are one of the dumbest addition one
could have thought off (in my opinion). The same apply for numerical
keypad: what are they useful for exactly ? Is it that hard to press
shift+& (for the azerty keyboard) to get a 1 ? Or press C-b to move
point left ? I do not think so.»

He, in short, Xavier are idiotic to the degree to claim that the
numerical keypads or the physical arrow keys are useless or extremely
stupid design.

I responded by explaining their applications. Their efficiency for
data entry applications when compared to the number keys on the main
keyboard.

I'm sorry for calling you and Xavier idiots. Perhaps it is insulting,
but sometimes that's the best way to make people understand. Most tech
geekers are idiots, when they express opinions other than technical
details of programing languages.

please let me know if you'd like me to respond to more parts of your
message. I might give it a swirl. I get annoyed because tech geekers
do their bone picking, then other tech geekers sees the part and
pitches in. Then pretty soon the whole thread is about tech geekers
padding each other's back, and 1+1 seems to be something other than 2.

For example, in other part your post, you said something idiotic about
the use of Shift key, then Rupert Swarbrick put in 60 words post that
effectively says “yeah, i still use emacs thru telnet too!!!” Can you
imagine, soon other tech geeker will chime in and insist emacs is
still used thru telnet? and soon more tech geeker will insist that
Emacs is not technically a Microsoft Word?

O, btw, have you decided on the $50 paypal sincerity contest? I mean,
about a month ago, i complained that we had too many debates that went
no where in the past year, so perhaps we could pitch in $50 real money
so that we have something real to backup our mouths. You didn't
respond. But now you are all over me with long winded posts. Is this
your sense of tea party?

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/