Re: Indentation settings problems

From: TriKri
Subject: Re: Indentation settings problems
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:37:29 -0700 (PDT)

Bernardo Bacic wrote:
> er, don't know about the menus - i never use them and have them turned
> off, but the following in your .emacs should work:
> (setq-default tab-width 4
>                indent-tabs-mode t)
> you could quickly evaluate it with C-x C-e to see its effect

In which file should I add it? I can't find any file ending with .emacs. I
made a search in the entire emacs folder and ordered by date last modified,
but no file is modified later than July this year, and I have made changes
in the options this month. So, where is the file located? Is there any quick
way to add it with emacs?
Sent from the Emacs - Help mailing list archive at