help-gnu-music

short postscript?

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: short postscript?
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:25:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Because of the current bug in the building of the documentation,
I might be missing some information, so here is what I saw. I ran
with my newly compiled 1.3.145:

        lilypond -fps wtk1-fugue1.ly

("wtk1-fugue1.ly" is in mutopia/J.S.Bach) and got the messages
listed below. But the troubling thing is that the generated postscript
can not be read beyond the first page. I use ghostscript5.50. I
tried "massaging" the postscript with different "fix" filters but
no avail. Furthermore, the size of the printed page overflows the
standard American 8.5x11. Perhaps something is said about that in
the documentation(?). Thanks,

Dan

GNU LilyPond 1.3.145
Now processing: `wtk1-fugue1.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...[8][16][24][28]
Preprocessing elements...
Calculating column positions... warning: Too many clashing notecolumns.
Ignoring them.
[...]
[3][6][9][12][15][18][21][24][27][28]
paper output to wtk1-fugue1.ps...
kpathsea: Running mktextfm --destdir /var/spool/texfonts/tfm/lilypond/1.3.145/
cmr8
mktextfm: /var/spool/texfonts/tfm/lilypond/1.3.145/cmr8.tfm already exists.
mktexlsr: /var/spool/texfonts: directory not writable. Skipping...
rm: : No such file or directory
/usr/pkg/share/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /var/spool/texfonts/ls-R unwritable.

Interpreting music...
MIDI output to wtk1-fugue1.midi...
Track ...