help-gnu-music

Re: make web-doc

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: make web-doc
Date: 05 Apr 2001 15:46:34 +0200

Rune Zedeler <address@hidden> writes:

> > Ouch.  LilyPond can't find find cmr10.tfm?  Did you compile with
> > kpathsea support, you should really do that.  If so, where did you get
> > the libkpathsea?
>
> No,
>
> checking for kpathsea/kpathsea.h... no
> checking for kpse_find_file in -lkpathsea... no
> checking for kpse_find_file... no
> configure: error: Cannot find kpathsea functions.  Rerun with
> --without-kpathsea.

I'll fix this message.  You should never ever compile without
kpathsea, unless it is not available for your platform: that's why we
still support compiling without.  (Windows and legacy unices come to
mind, when compiling tetex in $HOME is not an option).

> > Does this
> >
> > 21:34:18 appel ~/usr/src/lilypond$ kpsewhich cmr10.tfm
> > /usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/public/cm/cmr10.tfm
> >
> > give a sane result?
>
> yes,
>
> address@hidden:~/lilypond/lilypond]$ kpsewhich cmr10.tfm
> /usr/local/TeX/texmf/fonts/tfm/public/cm/cmr10.tfm

Ok, so kpathsea works -> you should use it when compiling lilypond.

> I should mention that using ly2dvi directly makes no problems.

That's just because you're lucky: you're not using font that must be
generated still, from tex itself.  You're only using lilypond's fonts,
that can be found through environment variables.