help-gnu-music

Help!!!!!!!

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Help!!!!!!!
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 01:07:48 +0200

Help, I have so many problems with Lilypond on Windows... It's impossible to make it all work. It's very frustrating that ALL these GNU applications are packaged in several different files, which you have download and install the right order. Also, be careful to download the RIGHT versions, or else you're doomed! Please, I'm sorry, I'm going hysterical, I've been trying three weeks to install it and make it work, and I followed EVERY SINGLE STEP IN THE INSTALLATION NOTES, DOWNLOADED EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM (only MiKTEX is not the indicated version), and INSTALLED THEM IN EVERY POSSIBLE ORDER. I realize no-one will want to respond to such a disagreable post, but you have to understand that I've gotten completely crazy. I'd like to be more precise, but to me, the only thing I notice is that it doesn't work. I'm sure I'm not the only one who turns his back on Lilypond because it's too hard to install, so why can't somebody make ONE installation package that installs EVERY needed component, and make A LOT easier on everybody. I'll be willing to do this, if ever I get it to work myself.