help-gnu-music

Re: using 'flat' or # in a title

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: using 'flat' or # in a title
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:48:19 +0200

>     Laura> I'm trying to put sharps and flats into lyrics (really figures for
>     Laura> figured bass), and I get:
>
>     Laura>         Running LaTeX...
>     Laura>         error: latex: command exited with value 256
>
> So then I got 5.3, and tried the \fetachar\fetasharp idea, and lilypond
> gives me parse errors:
>
> /mnt/sda4/home/lconrad/music/schutz/jubilate/continuo.ly:19:33: error: parse
> error:
> _ _ _ _ "6" _ "5 6" _ _ \fetachar
>                                  \fetasharp _ \fetachar\fetasharp
> \fetachar\fetasharp \fetachar\fetasharp _ _
>
> So does anyone know how to put sharps and flats into lyrics?

For the record, the solution in both the cases was to include the
TeX code in quotes, thus both
and
_ _ _ _ "6" _ "5 6" _ _ "\fetachar\fetasharp" _
works fine. However the latter version is preferred since
it gives the same layout of the accidental as is used
within the music. Note that you need version 1.4.6 or
1.5.3 or later.

   /Mats