help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Help needed

From: Ilia E. Chipitsine
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Help needed
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:54:12 +0600 (YEKST)

> 2) Change to the db directory and edit the file config.m4, following
> the description in README.

yes, I found that dir after I made the post :)
that describes tables structure pretty well, thanks!

> 3) Run `make pgsql'
>
> If you are experiencing some problems, try running `make
> pgsql.struct', it will create file named pgsql.struct which you
> may feed to psql manually.
>
> To test:
>
> 1) Run `psql -U user RADIUS', where "user" means the user name you
> have sety in config.m4 (DB_USER variable). Use the password you
> declared in DB_PWD variable
>
> 2) Once in psql, test if you have permissions to select from tables
> `passwd' and `attrib' (of course you may wish to populate them with
> some data first), and to select,update and insert into the table
> `calls'.

How do I populate those tables ? Can somebody give me an examples what to
put there in case of PPTP server wishing to use CHAP ?

> 3) In your raddb/sqlserver set
>
> interface postgres

... also I need obvously replace "unix_timestamp" function which is
missing in Postgres :) The hard thing for the first time is "populating
database tables". I've completely no idea what to put there.