help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Help needed

From: Ilia E. Chipitsine
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Help needed
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:25:58 +0600 (YEKST)

> > How do I populate those tables ? Can somebody give me an examples what to
> > put there in case of PPTP server wishing to use CHAP ?
>
> The authentication tables are described in the node `Authentication
> Server Parameters' of the documentation, accounting tables are
> described in the node `Accounting server parameters'. Basically,
> you only need to store into the table passwd the authentication
> data for your users. Since you plan to use CHAP, store passwords in
> plaintext. For example
>
> insert into passwd values('ilia','Framed-PPP','mypass','Y');

jane# radauth -v ilia mypass
server 127.0.0.1:1812
send code 1 (RT_AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST)
      send: User-Name = ilia
      send: Password = mypass
      send: NAS-Port-Id = 0
radtest: warning: Received invalid reply digest from server
recv code 3 (RT_AUTHENTICATION_REJECT)
      recv: Reply-Message = \015\012Access denied\015\012
expect 2
got    3
FAIL
jane#

what else ?

> This should allow the user `ilia' to log in using password
> `mypass'.
>
> > ... also I need obvously replace "unix_timestamp" function which is
> > missing in Postgres :)
>
> Right.

CREATE TABLE attrib (
  user_name           character(32)  default '' not null,
  attr                character(32) default '' not null,
  value               character(128),
  op                  character(2) check (op in ('=', '!=', '<', '>',
'<=', '>=')) default NULL
);

that's closer to MySQL "attrib" table.