help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] huntgroups with 1.2.92

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] huntgroups with 1.2.92
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:14:12 +0300

Hi Dale,

> Has the workings of huntgroups changed in 1.2.92 from 1.2?

No, it didn't. What did change is the handling of requests that
do not contain NAS-IP-Address attribute. Previous versions of
Radius (<= 1.2) were silently inserting a NAS-IP-Address attribute
to such requests. The value for this attribute was extracted from the
UDP packet header. This behaviour goes against the RFC and has
therefore been removed. However, I have added a Rewrite script that
can be used to restore it. See examples/nas_ip.rw in
radius-1.2.92 distribution. The header comment contains short
instructions on how to use the script. The version 1.3 will
probably enable this script by default.

> It contains:
> LOCNAS  NAS-IP-Address = xx.xx.xx.xx        NULL

I see. Examine your raddb/<nasname>/detail file: if it shows
requests without NAS-IP-Address, you need to enable examples/nas_ip.rw.
If not, I'll probably need more details about your setup. In any
case, please inform me about your progress.

Regards,
Sergey